What I Do
I provide consulting engineering services for a variety of clients in the fields of mechanical services in most types of buildings.
Types of buildings I work on include:
· Retail – shopping centres, supermarkets, showrooms
· Health care – hospitals, aged care
· Educational – schools, colleges, universities, etc.
· Residential – houses, apartments, hotels
· Recreational, sporting and entertainment
· Transportation – airports, train stations, freight facilities
· Computer and communications facilities
· Industrial – workshops, process facilities, control rooms, warehouses
Professional services provided:
· Feasibility studies - working with the client’s team to develop design concepts, space requirements and cost estimates.
· Preliminary design – taking the feasibility study a step further and developing the concepts into sketch plans and refining cost estimates.
· Final design & preparation of tender and construction documentation - we complete the working drawings and specifications for calling tenders.
· Evaluation of and reporting on tenders and quotations received – examining prices quoted and technical content for compliance with the tender documentation. Assistance with finalising a contract follows.
· Design review – we can review services designs as part of a quality assurance procedure or as a second opinion.
· Inspections – of the construction work completed and report.
· Review of contractors’ drawings and other submissions – ensuring that the contractor’s intended plant arrangement and equipment meet the intent of the contact drawings and specifications
· Evaluation of progress and variation claims – ensuring that claims are fair and reasonable.
· Supervising commissioning and witness testing – to ensure that the systems are performing as intended by the design.
· Review of handover documentation – it is essential that the owner’s facilities management has a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings, plant specifications, operating instructions and a maintenance plan.
· Final inspections and defects lists – identifying defects in materials and workmanship and uncompleted work.
· Maintenance audits and plans – to provide an assessment of the current maintenance work and its effectiveness as well as of the condition of the plant.
· Due diligence inspections and reports – the plant is inspected and its condition is assessed.
· Investigations and trouble shooting – solving plant operating problems and reporting.
· Design reviews and reports – we can review a design, make an assessment and report – as a second opinion.
· Expert witness services – an experienced professional can investigate an engineering issue and report and where required, give evidence.
I provide consulting engineering services to:
· Building owner or tenant,
· Builder or main contractor
· Mechanical contractor
· Property managers
· Legal practitioners
Copyright © 2013 Bayliss Consulting. All rights reserved.
Site By Internet Media Link
Mechanical Services for the Built Environment